Asian Slow Cooked Short Ribs
Soooo yummy! These will be super tender, juicy, and delicious. A VERY simple recipe- get it prepped in minutes in the morning and come back home to the best comfort food all ready for you! (and don;t forget leftovers... even better!)
• 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 cup beef broth
• 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• ½ teaspoon sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
• 2.5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
• 1 tablespoons cornstarch (or more for desired consistency)
• 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
• ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes, if using.
2. Place short ribs into a 6-qt slow cooker, or pot in stovetop. Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined.
3. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours
4. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and sesame seeds, if desired.
6. Enjoy over jasmine rice, mashed potatoes, or your preferred side dish!